Friday, March 19, 2010  2:29 AM

Running up that hill

It must be a very sweet feeling to be carried on the shoulders of the one you love at a music gig.

That was the main thing that struck me tonight while watching Placebo at Fort Canning, amidst the bobbing, singing, dancing, plastic cups of beer, Molko's insanely amazing voice and several wayward Caucasians.

The poor boyfriend though. I wonder how fun it was for him. But she - in a powder blue tank and black jeans with cool Carey Mulligan hair - raised her hands in the air, laughed and swayed on his shoulders and had the best view of anyone else in the crowd. I was very envious.

I've gone for more music gigs this year than I have watched television. Times have changed. I'm suddenly hooked on live crooners and the adrenaline rush of being there right in front of them and appreciating music from the beat of the drums to the bass to one tiny strum from the guitar. I also wish I were more musically inclined, so I can actually express what I'm hearing with the right words.

Still, thank you to everyone who has made me a mixtape in the last few months - denise, rongjun, jeff, faizal, bev, cheryl - you have contributed much to my musical influence and somehow made a strange difference in my life.

 

0 comment(s). Your thoughts?


 
   
 
 



TheGlamGirls
Angela
April
Atikk
Bella
Cand

Cheryl

Claire

Janissa

Jingli

Joan

Kerjin
Lee

Marcus

Matt

Michelle

Myca

Nick

Pau

Peishan

Peiqi

Sarah

Ser

Shanny

Sharlene

Sharon

Siew

Victoria

Wendy