Friday, January 15, 2010  12:56 PM

Wait, they don't love you like I love you





I've found the cure to stony early mornings. I'm not one for mornings; I don't want to talk to anyone and my skin is pallid and make-up free. All I'm thinking about is going back to sleep, which is why I prefer the long bus journey over the train which might get me to work in half the time because the last thing I want to do is to feel like a squashed sardine at 8.30am.

So planet awesome kid is happiness to my soul. I couldn't rub that silly smile off my face for few hours after these doe-eyed, apple-cheeked children sneaked their way into my heart. I encourage everyone to find their daily dose of endorphins in the first hour of work, be it furry kittens or comic strips. It helps.

I'm proud of how knowledgeable I've become ever since I started working because the Internet is my best friend on slow Mondays and lazy Fridays. I've googled almost everything out there that interests me, and I've scanned through best brunch places in singapore, cheap flights to cambodia/vietnam/italy, benefits of a weekend car, countless new fashion blogs, lyrics of yeah yeah yeahs' songs, where to get the cheapest tory burch shoes, and pronunciation of all the brands under the sky. I've signed up to get a new word of the day from dictionary.com, added MSN plus! which has a function which prevents your boss from viewing your chats and I vote "look of the day" daily on style.com.

I never knew all these five months ago. I hope this is a presage of what the year ahead holds. Just like how my suddenly-capricious father has taken a liking to japan and uploads personal pictures on facebook and innocently types location: g:\\, 2010 should be a very entertaining year ahead of all things new.

 

0 comment(s). Your thoughts?


 
   
 
 



TheGlamGirls
Angela
April
Atikk
Bella
Cand

Cheryl

Claire

Janissa

Jingli

Joan

Kerjin
Lee

Marcus

Matt

Michelle

Myca

Nick

Pau

Peishan

Peiqi

Sarah

Ser

Shanny

Sharlene

Sharon

Siew

Victoria

Wendy