Thursday, October 22, 2009  10:40 AM

Break my heart for what breaks yours

Of late, I feel like the outer part of my life is intangibly disconnected from my inner being, my emotions and who I think I really am.

I attribute it to the busyness of work, of course, and this need to meet up with people and fill my days with a multitude of activities after. I never have time to myself anymore, I can't even hear my own thoughts these days or my heart speaking to me. When I'm thinking, it's always about work or thinking about when Friday will finally come, and mulling over the fact that I want to write for things I'm passionate about.

And so I've become this stranger, even to myself, on weekdays. Suddenly, I feel like whenever I'm having a conversation with anyone, I stray away from talk of emotions or how I'm really feeling because I don't want to break down. Two months ago, my life was all about me and my feelings. Now it's simply built around the hours I surround myself with and that makes me. I don't particularly like it, but it means I've buried you, you and you at the very back of my head and forgotten what it's like to unlock it.

Which is a great thing, for now at least.

 

0 comment(s). Your thoughts?


 
   
 
 



TheGlamGirls
Angela
April
Atikk
Bella
Cand

Cheryl

Claire

Janissa

Jingli

Joan

Kerjin
Lee

Marcus

Matt

Michelle

Myca

Nick

Pau

Peishan

Peiqi

Sarah

Ser

Shanny

Sharlene

Sharon

Siew

Victoria

Wendy