Saturday, August 22, 2009  2:27 AM

Best in Me



In my life, I envisioned alot of things to happen. I would go through school all the way to university, I would date along the way, I would have social circles from the various paths my life took and I would get married. Most of those things happened, and some are still in the weaving process.

I never thought I'd have a soulmate. I didn't believe in such lofty ideals, neither did I dare to dream that there was someone out there in this world that would understand me the way I understood myself. To me, life was interesting without soulmates, because it meant no one would really know me and I would be unique, and for a period of time in my life I was content with keeping that tiny bit of me to myself.

But the years told me that you are someone very special. There is no one else in this world that knows me like you do, and no one else that I will ever share this bond with. I may have missed out on certain things in life, but I would never trade that for this friendship with you. Tonight, more than ever, reaffirmed that you will, and forever will be, my best friend for life.

We call it friday nights doing anything and whatever. We never have a concrete plan nor know how the night will turn out, but for sure, the depression I might have been facing that week instantly dissipates the minute we embark out. We've done indoor stadium, the kallang bridge, our pools, east coast park and each time we take the experience to a new level. We are totally different on the surface, from looks to passions to our careers and interests, but beneath it all, we have concluded that we are really the same and all we want out of life are the simplest things. We're both happiest sitting at a random staircase or a bench in the middle of nowhere, without anything at all to adorn the occasion, just talking.

Tonight we parked at raffles place and walked the whole boat quay stretch down to supreme court where we lay on the steps with our feet to the sky. We must have laid there for hours, because the steady drone of the passing cars turned slowly to the calm, night silence. And when we were finally contentedly happy, we grabbed a random pizza at timbre, making the 4th, 5th and 6th song "our songs" and landed ourselves in late night drama where the carpark where we left the car was shut. It's not the first time we've been locked in somewhere and gotten scolded for it and so it was with slight fear and contriteness that we apologised to get ourselves out of the mess. Of course, we laughed it off after that and sang our hearts out in the car on the way home.

This life never fails to take me by surprise.

 

1 comment(s). Your thoughts?


 
   
 
 



TheGlamGirls
Angela
April
Atikk
Bella
Cand

Cheryl

Claire

Janissa

Jingli

Joan

Kerjin
Lee

Marcus

Matt

Michelle

Myca

Nick

Pau

Peishan

Peiqi

Sarah

Ser

Shanny

Sharlene

Sharon

Siew

Victoria

Wendy