Wednesday, May 20, 2009  1:23 AM

Make plans for summer

When the world doesn't revolve around school anymore, I find my life a cacophony of sounds rushing past my ears, needing to do things and keep my mind occupied at every point. And everything needs to be improved on, and fixed before the next phase blows me by and I won't know when I'll find the time for these things. So it's eyes, hair, teeth, face, toning, computer, camera and a thorough cleanout of the wardrobe to make space for the mess in my luggage (although I quite like living out of a luggage, it helps to compartmentalise things).

If I had my way, I'd make renovating my room my holiday project. I have ideas, so many ideas to turn this room into my signature. At present, it's overcrowded and I have stickers of cartoon rabbits and ducks on my windows because they're permanent. You'd think they would put a warning on the package so seven-year-old girls don't paste it all over in a moment of folly and regret it for the next fifteen years of their lives. I want a loft bed and trinkets and photographs hanging from every corner, and under that bed a full rack just for shoes, with a small couch for guests. I want a royal purple wall, and the rest white. And some kind of water feature, I'm thinking a fish tank but fish don't mean a thing to me and I'll probably forget that they are living creatures and never feed them so we'll see about that. I like the idea of water in my room - it does bring new meaning to calm. Most importantly, the room will smell of Slatkin and Co's passionfruit and guava.

That'll have to wait. I'm back to busying myself with planning lunches, dinners, New York, baking projects, possible yoga classes, island trips and finding people to explore and photograph parts of this country with. So you know, call me or something.

 

2 comment(s). Your thoughts?


 
   
 
 



TheGlamGirls
Angela
April
Atikk
Bella
Cand

Cheryl

Claire

Janissa

Jingli

Joan

Kerjin
Lee

Marcus

Matt

Michelle

Myca

Nick

Pau

Peishan

Peiqi

Sarah

Ser

Shanny

Sharlene

Sharon

Siew

Victoria

Wendy